Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 22--Something else new instead :-)

Well after hinting yesterday that I might be about to embark upon the voyage that is sock knitting, today the something new has morphed into a face/dish/wash cloth.

Before you have a fit, I am NOT using the Jitterbug (had you there!), no I'm not THAT sleep deprived, but I am sleep deprived enough to know I shouldn't start something that will require any amount of brain power.

So instead this afternoon when my body was saying "It's bedtime" and the clock was saying "it's barely afternoon you twit," I went and made myself a cup of tea, pulled out some of the Cleckheaton Natural Cotton 8 ply in the pale browny colour I bought last week and the chart I made for the flower design wash cloth and cast on. It was as much an exercise in staying awake while the children played in the yard and the baby slept as anything else, I figure a responsible adult should be awake when in charge of minors, and I am at least somewhat responsible!!! Twenty rows and a second cup of tea later and I am at least feeling normally tired for the time of day.

The kids have had a wonderful afternoon playing with snails on the windowsill out the back and playing with mud on the mats on the grass (they have holes in them and the mud made great spotty designs when the mats were lifted) and we are now almost done with dinner. So once they've had a wash, mud removal is necessary, I think they can have an early night! Probably shouldn't have said that out loud.......

1 comment:

Georgie said...

Dishcloths and cups of tea are so very therapeutic and revitalising! Hope you have a good sleep....