Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blogtoberfest Day 1

I have joined up for Blogtoberfest over at Big Cat's Emporium.

The idea is to post once a day for the month of October so we will see how we go!!

Looking at the Silk blanket in the light of day showed that it had a stripe about two inches wide that was a completely different shade from the rest....how did that happen? Who knows. Hadn't noticed before because I have been knitting that one at night and the stripe turned up in the last episode of knitting. So yep you've guessed it, it has hit the frog pond again. Have already taken it back, removed the offending orange/red toned portion and have started re-knitting it again. We will see how it goes this time. I know I am being a little over pedantic but I like it so much I want it to be perfect.

The purple bubblegum jacket has the back, 2/3 of one front and 2/3 of one sleeve done. It really is a quick knit when I manage to pick it up, so I will just have to remember to pick it up more often!

H has asked if we can do some of his knitting tomorrow so I will have to take photos of his and Z's knitting so we can keep track of where they are up to. They are always both so curious about what I am knitting that I bought them each a short pair of needles and they each have a bag for their knitting to keep it safe :-) They are each making a face washer with "fat" cotton on "fatter" needles. Just done in garter stitch. H does one needle and the yarn while I do the other needle and Z does the yarn while I do the needles and we practice either counting up to 20 or down from 20 (good maths practice!). The plan is to make a square each so they can have something they have made themselves to use in the bath or shower.

2 comments:

Bells said...

Sometimes being pedantic is so important. Let things slide where you can, and work hard on getting the really important things right.

And I'm glad you're doing Blogtoberfest. What fun!

Lynne said...

What a good idea for teaching knitting!