Saturday, October 11, 2008

A beautiful day

My day started early. I was up at 6.4o am. After a disturbed night, it was really early. It was beautiful. The sun was just up. The sky was clear. The air smelled....lovely. Time for a swim. It was 5 degC. There was mist rising from the pool. My friend and I chatted whilst kickboarding. 32 laps of the 50 metre pool later we climbed out dressed and returned to our respective homes.

I had so much energy. A swim does that for me every time. Where did I direct this energy to? A load of washing onto the line. Another load into the machine. Knitting. Second load out. Knitting. Knitting. Blog reading. Relaxing. Watching the kids play outside with their dad. Knitting. A visit to a local nursery. Knitting.

Friends came over for dinner. The six kids together were wonderful. Two 5 year olds. Three 3 year olds. One 1 year old. No arguments. Lots of laughter. Lots of fun.

The kids are asleep. The day is nearing it's end. Time for a final cup of tea. In bed I think. And just a little more knitting.

Beautiful day.

PS Have finished the back and up to the armhole of the first side front of the navy bubblegum jacket!

2 comments:

Bells said...

i think there must have been something in the air today. I'm seeing signs everywhere that people were productive and happy, me included. And you to, by the sounds of it!

Lynne said...

1600m of swimming? Wow! I would be exhausted, not energised!