Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend away and a meme

Well we have just been away for the weekend down at Mum and Dad's in Gippsland, it was Dad's 65th birthday yesterday and we had a party today, so yesterday was preparation day and today was feasting day! Somehow managed to drive both there and back and was busy with kids or preparations all weekend so no knitting happened. It's a bit confusing really, normally I fit some in at least in the evenings but not this time. The kids fell asleep in the car on the way home so they were deposited in bed and I sat down to read a whole heap of blogs and found that Bells has tagged me with a meme 7 Random things about me

Here are the rules:

  1. Link to the person who tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog.
  3. Write seven random things about yourself.
  4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
  5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
And here are 7 random things....

1. I had a crush on my grade three teacher and knitted him a pair of man sized gloves, I would have been about 8. I was annoyed when he went and bought the yarn and needles because I wanted them to be a gift.

2. Chocolate is now food of the gods but before I had kids the only way I could eat it was if it came straight out of the freezer so that it didn't stick my mouth together with its tackiness (blasphemous me).

3. I moved out of home when I was 18 to attend University in the City, we had about 2 weeks to find me somewhere to live and it was the best thing I ever did.

4. In an effort to foil the procrastinator in me, two years ago I made the best New Years Resolution ever: "Take Action." It worked and I have carried this through as an ongoing theme/motto to this year and as a direct result will be opening my online shop in the very near future where I will sell my handknits and I can't wait :-)

5. I have a weird ability to remember numbers, long ones, phone numbers, visa card numbers....my husband was on the phone as we were driving one day and asked me to remember a number, I was protesting as he read the number out, then he hung up and asked what the number was so he could dial the mobile phone number he had to call and I recited it back for him.

6. I struggle to have a favourite thing e.g. movies, books, tv shows. I enjoy lots of them but don't have any particular favourites.

7. (J helped me with this one!) My husband thinks he knows me better than I know myself.

Well there you go, it was a bit of a challenge but lots of fun too. Thanks Bells.

Now who to tag???
I'm relatively new to the blog world so I have no idea of whether there are others who have had this meme before, so if you have I apologise in advance. I look forward to reading the blogs of the following people the most so lets go with that (in no particular order at all)
1. quiltingmick
2. teresa
3. samuraiknitter
4. tree fall
5. born to read and knit
6. Aunty Cookie

In knitting news I am waiting on the third skein of tussah silk to arrive so I can complete the blanket, and I have fished out the purple (velvet bilberry) sock yarn I bought from Sarah at the Melbourne Craft and Quilt fair and I think I will make another bubblegum jacket.

5 comments:

Bells said...

You're opening a store! Wow. Fantastic! I'll look forward to it!

Georgie said...

Its not so weird to remember numbers....I can remember almost all my past phone numbers ;-)

I like "take action"! It sounds like its working for you - opening a shop is a big step! Good luck!

Michelle said...

Thanks for tagging me. I think I might have already done the meme a long time ago - but if I haven't and I can find a spare half hour in my day, I'll do it.

Shannon said...

Thanks for tagging me also, I have done this one a few times os I may say pass. Congrats on the new blog!

Kate_knits_a_bit said...

Hi Leonie,
thanks for commenting on my blog :>
How fun to read a 7 Things meme on my first visit!
Yay you Taking Action - and an online store no less!
'See' you again soon,
Kate