Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hats, hats, hats.....

Well it must be nearly hat time, have looked through the stash to find worthy contenders for the hat knitting challenge. Need to find seven different yarns of varying ply's to convert into hats for the 7 hats in 7 days challenge.

Can't start the actual challenge yet as I am working on a quilt that has to be done and posted by August 8th.

In the meantime, Tuesday's s'n'b saw the beginning of this speckled rainbow hat which was finished that evening while at C and D's house, very small and cute!




Once I have gathered the contenders for the 7 hat challenge I will add their photos to the next post and then we will be off! If I feel the need for knitting before I finish the quilt I will have to remember to start a cardy as otherwise I might end up having a harder time in the challenge!!!

Oh and my brother G rang last night to see if I could make a variation on the Jayne's hat (Joss Whedon's Firefly-sci fi series) for a female friend who wants the same design but in shades of pinks to purple-so maybe that one will be added to the challenge. Depends on the timing as I will have to order in the yarn I think.

Anyway, must be off, time to collect master H from kinder.....

No comments: