Monday, July 28, 2008

Craft and Quilt Show-Melbourne

Went to the Craft and Quilt Fair at Jeff's Shed yesterday with my mum and found a few things that were very tempting. Left some of them behind including some beautiful New Zealand "Touch" Yarn. Couldn't leave behind the Frog Tree 100% Alpaca in green multi.



Found Sarah's stall a bit later and had to have 3 different skeins of the Jitterbug sock wool in 4 ply merino. Couldn't leave behind the Velvet Bilberry (a richer, darker purple than it photographed)



lagoon (blues and greens),


and Wasabi Squeeze (a gorgeous mustard colour)


also found some beautiful (yes, I realise I am gushing!) fabrics from Dyed & Gone to Heaven to go with a piece I bought on a trip with a friend on Saturday. So all in all a great day and lovely to catch up with Mum too!

Have been doing some finishing, the bamboo/wool now only needs buttons and it is done, the blue silk needs a collar and buttons and the gooseberry Sublime cashmere/merino/silk just needs a collar and buttons-yes all the ends are sewn in!!!! Yay for watching lots of Alias DVD's. I need something to do with my hands while I watch....

Thinking of setting myself a 7 day challenge....7 hats in 7 days but can't start until the three above mentioned cardy's are completed otherwise they will never get done!

S'n'b tomorrow at Rosanna so will have to either finish this lot tonight or I'll be finishing them then....bit boring really, but they do have to get done.

1 comment:

Tiggy Johnson said...

Glad you got heaps of yarn, and not too much talk about fabric, as I am already spewing I couldn't go.